Biscuit baking - Viennese

I decided on Saturday that we needed more biscuits and as there was only 1 butterscotch cookie left in the pot I thought I'd make some different kind.

So out came my trusty book of recipes (that I find from everywhere and then write them in so I've no idea where they come from!)

Viennese biscuits

The problem is I'm not very good at piping and I know I need to practice some more so bear with me as mine will not look like this!


Anyway the Viennese biscuit is very easy to make.

Ingredients

125g Margarine (I use stork!)
25g Icing sugar
125g Self Raising Flour
A few drops vanilla


Method

Heat oven to Gas Mark 5 and prepare baking sheet for biscuits (line it with greaseproof paper or whatever the white one is called. I always ask Neb)
Beat the margarine and icing sugar together (or get the kids to do it!)
Add flour and vanilla and mix together well until combined

Now you can either add blobs to baking sheet (leaving some space) or you could use a piping bag and pipe shapes. I need to practice making swirls but as I had a disaster with using the wrong piping bag and then not wanting to change it mine are lines!

 Cook for 15 minutes and leave to cool for a few minutes on tray before moving to wire rack to cool.

Store and eat. Lovely with a cup of coffee.

I will definitely try and make them prettier next time and I hadn't even thought of dunking them in chocolate but that will also be added to my list!

(They may not be stylish but the kids love them!!)
 
BNM